Sarah Forristal, Nutritional & Massage Therapist at Solace Holistic Centre.
It can be confusing to navigate through all the conflicting information about what is healthy these days. Is fat healthy? Should we be cutting down on carbs? Is sugar the enemy? What does 'gut health' actually mean?
While it is great that there has been a surge of interest in healthy eating recently, it can be difficult to know 'what is the best for me?'
As a nutritional therapist I see clients for many different reasons, from digestive difficulties to skin health, and from lack of energy to autoimmunity to hormonal imbalance. Each person has had their own set of circumstances that have brought them to where they are today. Through the client's past history we figure out the triggers to the health concerns they have at present. Each client then gets a plan to follow which can be easily implemented because it is specific to their needs. Change can be challenging so I work with each person to support them as much as they need. From my experience, small changes if done consistently, can mean huge benefits to someone's health.
We have the opportunity to support our health and wellbeing through everything we do. The food we eat, the work we do, the environment we are in, the thoughts we think all contribute positively or negatively to how we feel. Nutritional therapy provides a plan which encompasses all of these aspects with food being an integral part. Supplements are also recommended, if needed.
What health concerns will benefit from Nutritional Therapy?
• Digestive Problems (Constipation, Diarrhoea, bloating, IBS, Reflux, Food allergies/Intolerances, diverticulitis)
• Weight problems (Weight gain/inability to lose weight, sugar cravings, blood sugar imbalances, diabetes)
• Cardio-Vascular Health (Raised cholesterol, high blood pressure, Metabolic Syndrome)
• Hormonal Imbalances/Women’s Health (infertility, PMS, PCOS, Endometriosis, Menopause symptoms, Recurring Thrush, Cystitis.)
• Skin Conditions (Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea)
• Mental health & General Wellbeing (Low mood, Anxiety, Fatigue, Poor Concentration)
• Autoimmune conditions ( such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue syndrome, Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, that often do not respond to conventional medicine)
If you would like more information or to book an appointment contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 0876080103.
Solace Holistic Centre Blog
Supporting Healing from Within